12.30.2006

Since Christmas...

I had a fabulous Christmas.
It was emotionally, the best Christmas in a long time.
On top of that...
I was spoiled by all family.
As I right that I think of how Ms.Hepburn in down in New Orleans now helping with the aftermath of tragedy. So Ms. Hepburn: if you are reading this. I admire your selflessness so much. I wish I could have gone with you. I love you and strive to be more like you. You are one of my role models. I am so glad I got to see you before you left.

Yard guy (the pet name for my biological father) bought me a digital video camera for Christmas. At first, and I sort of still do, feel weird about it. It is technically the first Christmas gift he has ever bought me and for it to be so expensive- just feels awkward. And as bratty as this sounds, I agree with Mumsie Peg who said: well he had a lot of years to make up.

It made me feel better to hear her say it.

My Grandeddy gave Jordan and I both rings with personal messages engraved on the inside.
Mine says, "She talks to Angels".
It's from the song by The Black Crowes*.
It's one of our songs. The other one we have is "Rain on the Roof".
He also gave me eight Rolling Stones Magazines from the early 80s with some of favorite stars like Meryl Streep and Susan Sarandon and Simon and Garfunkel...etc.

My Granny gave me many things but largely contributed to my film collection with
Sybil. It is so beautiful.
Center Stage*
Magic in the Mirror (i watched it as a child and every time i watch it something still sparks inside me)
Songcatcher - Another beautiful film.

I received so many wonderful things..
but enough that.

I spent Christmas Day with the twins and we opened even more goodies at Aunt Pam's.
I filmed the whole experience and it was enjoyable to watch together.

On the 26th I went to see The Nativity Story with my other family. Ms.Dana and Grandmother Webb joined us.
It was truly beautiful.
The whole night was wonderful.
Barnes and Noble where we ran into Gianoelle.
El Chico's.
Laughs.
Smiles.
Hugs.
Warm.

The next night I slept over at their house. We watched the Magic in the Mirror
and Center Stage. They really liked both of them.

I bought "I AM SAM" from Wal-Mart for only $4.88. Get excited.

Savannah thought that Magic in the Mirror was scary.
Taylor crushed on Cooper (from Center Stage). Even though, I think he is a cocky, self-righteous dancer with a nice butt and good feet. In short: a jerk.

I have had a delightful holiday, and to be honest am looking forward to next semester.
I'm gathering things for the Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities application and sorting through everything.

Once again, I apologize for my neglect to the blog.


She talks to Angels:



Center Stage:



Songcatcher:



I am Sam: (the best clip I would find)



Sybil





I wish I could have found clips from Magic in the Mirror. But I couldn't. Sorry.

Be Blessed in the upcoming year.

love, jessieh

No comments: