3.24.2008

An update on the traveling journal (and on the irrational grannies in my life)

Journal #2800 is ready.
I will be doing the cover artwork which I am excited and nervous about.
Thanks goes to the lovely Angie at Here and Now for starting this one.
love, jessieh
PS: Imagine what it would be like if we had just as many people out there protecting children as we have people protecting sex offenders. My previous post regarding ABC's 20/20 episode has triggered many anonymous comments from people essentially protecting sex offenders. I've written about a lot of child sexual abuse cases on this blog and things relating to child sexual abuse and never have I had such a lively audience, willing to speak out against child sexual abuse-but as soon as I start speaking out against the protection of sex offenders-comments are plenty. We have grandmothers even venturing out into blog world to let me know that they are protecting their grandchildren by protecting the rights of sex offenders everywhere. Because that makes sense and everything? While I am having a difficult time putting my finger on where the logic of that lies, I'm also packing to head back to school so for now all I can say is: Wow. People never cease to amaze me.

No comments: