3.12.2008

Politics again (and other things): The real McCain

It is my sincere hope that the readers of this blog feel welcomed and
I am going to try to be just as personal as I have been political recently.
It's really one of the few things I am able to quickly write about because it usually is text copied from another source. I have been extremely busy. We get assigned Spring Scenes on Friday. I had therapy today. It was most certainly unpleasant. I don't feel good. My head hurts.
Three good things about today:
1.) It's Justina's birthday. She is a my Studio-mate.
2.) I finished reading At the Colored Museum
3.) My dear friend Artconstellation has drawn a beautiful picture of her magical hunk of kitty cat goodness.
---
From NARAL pro-choice America:

The REAL John McCain is not the "moderate maverick" the pundits like to swoon over. The REAL McCain has spent the last 25 years doing everything in his power to roll back the reproductive rights we've fought so hard to protect.
If elected president, he has pledged to be the anti-choice movement's most faithful ally, carrying their water and enacting their dangerous agenda: "If I am fortunate enough to be elected as the next President of the United States, I pledge to you to be a loyal and unswerving friend of the right to life movement." [Statement by Sen. McCain read by Sen. Sam Brownback at the March for Life in Washington, DC, January 22, 2008.]
NONE OF THE ABOVE BOTHERED ME AS MUCH AS THIS DID:
"John McCain: I do not support Roe v. Wade. I think it should be overturned." [N.Y. Times, February 24, 2007.]
-We cannot go back to the days before Roe v. Wade. -
or
love, jessieh

1 comment:

Angela said...

Consider yourself kissed on the forehead. Nothing better for a headache! Good for you for finding the positive in your day, especially after a rough therapy session. You are amazing!
Love and hugs,
Angie