3.15.2008

Fool for Love (Scenes for the Spring)!

Right now, I cannot contain my excitement. My dear friend Ms.Hepburn and I are rejoicing. We both were assigned incredible scenes that will be so much fun to work on for the Spring. Our focus is transformation and getting out of our comfort zone. Ms.Hepburn was assigned a scene from Danny and the Deep Blue Sea by John Patrick Shanley, the character Roberta and I was assigned a scene from Fool for Love by Sam Shepard, the character May. My scene partner is, ironically enough, Ms.Hepburn's boyfriend, and my good friend, Jason (the character Eddie). The enthusiasm I feel is slightly overwhelming so for now I am just going to leave the last bit of stage directions and the last line from the scene-

---

From Fool for Love by Sam Shepard-

(He closes door. They stand there facing each other for a while. She crosses slowly to him. She stops. He takes a few steps toward her. Stops. They both move closer. Stop. Pause as they look at each other. They embrace. Long, tender kiss. They are very soft with each other. She pulls away from him slightly. Smiles. She looks him straight in the eyes, then suddenly knees him in the groin with tremendous force. Eddie doubles over and drops like a rock. She stands over him. Pause.)

MAY: You can take it, right. You're a stunt man.
---
love, jessieh

No comments: