8.16.2007

Fairytales for Children (well sort of)

Is fairytale a compound? Is compound even a word? Everything today and tomorrow and yesterday is feeling the way it feels when I literally grab a place on the ceiling to stare at and chant, "this is not happening" over and over again until whatever it is that is not happening ends. So much so that when I typed tomorrow, I was thinking of yesterday and when I typed yesterday I was thinking of tomorrow. I am tired. Exhausted, frankly and I feel like I have my monologues memorized, but not worked. When I work them, they feel as if they have already been worked and worked and don't want to be worked anymore. I am thanking God for everything wonderful that is happening. I am thanking God for everything not wonderful that is happening. I thank God for both the good and the awful of wonderful, and trust us, there are both goods and awfuls of wonderful. No one is answering the telephone. No one I am calling is answering their phones. I need you to answer your phone. Are you alive? The feet hurt except they don't belong so they can't hurt, but they do. I, plural, am a contradiction. Barnes and Noble doesn't sale Old's The Gold Cell. Bah, so guess what we do? We buy Sexton, because that's more than healthy and everything. Had that dream again last night. The one we had all week in the pink bedroom. Do you understand the process of being baptized? Yes. Yes. I do. And in Target we bump into three other students, if you count Ms.Hepburn who we didn't bump into. And I think: Where is the poetry? What are we, singular, doing? At the bank the woman asked, "So what are you? A dancer? An Artist?" and you choked and said, "Oh. I'm an actress." and it feels like Latin or something foreign on the tongue near saying, "Oh. I'm Female." or "I'm Caucasian" without the capitol letters. Vivian's husband joked about Twinkle Toes and we could have laughed too. It was a wonderful time of prayer and in the end everything was said to begin with.

love, we the people
"And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart. "
-Jeremiah 24:7


PS: Thank you Meriluni


1 comment:

Angela said...

Be proud of who you are. Shout it to the world! You are an actress, a writer, an artist, a dancer, a politician, a scientist, an architect, a philosopher. You are you. Amazing, strong, beautiful!