5.21.2007

How I find time.

I fill time. I do it on purpose.
Someone I look up to and admire very much asked me today on the phone,
"How do you find time?"
I assume she was referring to this blog, to writing, to reading, to therapy, to art, to everything...

I don't find time. Time finds me. I fill that void space in the middle of the night, with doing something. I don't generally get up at 2 am and say, "OH! YIPPEE. TIME TO BLOG!" I do however get up. I get up and I go into another room, with the lights on and I sit down with a diet coke and sometimes I color. Yes. I color. I color or a write a really crappy poem, or I write down random thoughts, that I make time to later post here. A lot of people would see blogging as a completely useless, perhaps even lazy activity. That is only because they, the "blog haters" can not and will not fill their time with sharing their thoughts in an honest fashion to the world. The thought alone frightens them.

The person I was talking to isn't, to my knowledge, one of the "blog haters". If she were, she probably wouldn't read mine- she just happened to ask an interesting question. We find time for what we love, we also stress out about finding the time we think we won't be able to.

I write on this blog simply because writing makes me feel better. Feeling like I am able to share something with anyone makes me feel connected.

and we all need to feel connected. it's what makes us healthy. (among other things).

Meanwhile, I am
Reading sparknotes on Fahrenheit 451

I will never read this book.
I have an exam on it tomorrow.
I've got the general concept down.

love, jessieh

No comments: