10.28.2009

after some careful consideration

I almost deleted my blog this morning but then I realized that it isn't that I have nothing significant or useful to blog about but that I don't want to blog about things that I am currently finding significant and useful. After some careful consideration I've decided that I will keep blogging. I think it can be an effective way to communicate with people I love who are far away. I also think it can help me communicate with my self, plural, in a way that will be more helpful than my time to time journal entry these days. I find myself spending a significant amount of time on a computer simply because I like to type things out. Typing is faster and doesn't require the kind of energy it takes to maintain hand-coordination when sharing hands with ten people. Despite the fact that I've never been remotely concerned about this before, I have recently developed an aversion to the idea of blogging. I have begun to think that writing about myself in a public way demonstrates some innate character flaw. I also believe this is certainly not true. Blogging can be a highly effective means of communicating one idea or amusement or realization with a group of other people in the world who appreciate that idea or amusement or realization. After all, I am a reader of blogs and don't find myself judging the bloggers responsible for their upkeep. So, in short, welcome us back to blogging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! : )

LLLLLLLLoyd said...

WELCOME BACK, LOVE!

AdamsEve said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE COME TO THESE CONCLUSIONS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSTS! was that enthusiastic enough?:)

I love you.

SARAHMILLER! said...

Jessieh, it's Sarah Miller, in case you somehow couldn't tell. I've had a blog for awhile and I've been following yours (although I don't know if you know any of this since I'm just a bit blog-illiterate). Don't delete this, please. In this day of Facebook and text messaging, I feel that certain things about people are often brushed out of the way. Emotions are discounted. In my experience, no one uses Facebook to convey what they truly feel, nor do they use text messages to convey what's truly on their minds. While there's something a bit more self-indulgent about most blogs, I think blogs give us the opportunity to express what we can't on Facebook or through text messages. There's something more personal about blogs. Keep writing. Blahblahblah.