7.22.2008

The happenings for now.


I cannot post pictures of the almost-completed mural simply because the pictures are on Eve's camera and her camera cord is missing somewhere in her house and- I just saw the most bizarre thing I have seen in awhile, allow me to interrupt the mural story and reasons why I don't have pictures yet- I am sitting in a chair, at a table, next to a giant glass window on the second floor of the Public Library. I am in the corner and if I look out of the window I can see the happenings on the street below me. Two brothers, I assume by the harsh-resemblance they bear to one another were walking the cross walk, a woman with helmet is walking her bike behind them. The two brothers both dressed in black, were walking with a certain swing in their walk and then suddenly; without apparent reason, the shorter of the brothers hit the taller one in the face. The taller brother then shoved the smaller one into the road and the biker that was following closely behind, straddled the seat of her bike and rode off in the direction she came. This indeed was a bizarre sighting for an early Tuesday afternoon and seemed to be worthy of note- Anyway, I don't pictures of the mural. I was only going to write that I am working on the play we've been writing for the past however long and will post pictures sometime in the next three days. My Great-Grandmother passed away at 1:52pm EST on Friday, July 18th. I am not saddened by her passing, she was satisfied by the life she lived.


From The State Obituaries:

Risinger, Mary Willis- LEXINGTON - Funeral services for Mary Willis Risinger, 93, will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2008, at Caughman-Harman Funeral Home, Lexington Chapel, with interment in Elmwood Memorial Park and Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2008, at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to River of Life Christian Fellowship, 3955 Southeastern Way, Suite 3B, West Columbia, SC 29169.
Mrs. Risinger, born in Batesburg-Leesville, SC October 2, 1914, passed away Friday, July 18, 2008. She was a daughter of the late Arthur Willis and Teresa Hayes Willis. Mrs. Risinger was a member of River of Life Christian Fellowship. She was an owner and operator of 2 grocery stores in Richland County. She was a faithful Sunday school teacher and member of the Women’s Christian Temperance Union. She was a faithful Christian who loved sharing Jesus with others.
Mrs. Risinger is survived by her daughters, Nelda Laird of Tampa, FL, Marie Ouzts of Cayce, SC and T***** D*** and son-in-law, B*** D*** of West Columbia, SC; son, Henry Daniel “Dan” Risinger of Lexington, SC; 13 grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild. She was predeceased by her husband, Henry O. Risinger; sister, Bessie Hutchinson; brother, Ollie Willis; daughter, Betty R. Elkin; son, Gerald David Risinger and grandson, Dedrick Elkin.


love, jessieh


No comments: